For proper treatment it is necessary that the therapist prepares a file. This is also a legal obligation imposed by the Medical Treatment Agreement Act (WGBO). Your file contains notes about your state of health and information about the examinations and treatments performed.
The file also contains information that is necessary for your treatment and that, after your explicit permission, I have requested from another care provider, for example from the general practitioner.
Better Life Acupuncture does its best to ensure your privacy. This means, among other things, that I:
• handle your personal and medical information carefully.
• ensure that unauthorized persons do not have access to your data.
As your treating therapist I have the sole access to the data in your file.
I have a statutory duty of confidentiality (professional secrecy).
The data from your file can also be used for the following purposes:
· To inform other healthcare providers, for example when the therapy has been completed or if areferral to another therapist has been made. This only happens with your explicit permission.
· To use for observation, during my absence.
· For the anonymized use during peer review.
· A small part of the data from your file is used for the financial administration, so that I or my administrator can draw up an invoice.
If I want to use your data for another reason, I will first inform youand ask your permission explicitly.
Privacy Data on the Invoice
The invoice that you receive contains the information requested by the health insurer, so that you can declare this bill to your health insurer.
· Your name, address, and place of residence
· Your customer number and/or your date of birth
· Description of treatment, for example “Acupuncture treatment 24104”
If I process your personal data based onthe permission you have given, you always have the right to withdraw this permission.